Data protection declaration
We (PZ-Multimedia AG) take the privacy of our website users very seriously and are committed to protecting the information users provide to us in connection with their use of our website. Furthermore, we are committed to protecting and using your information in accordance with applicable law.
- How we collect data
- What data we collect
- Why we collect this data
- Who we share the data with
- Where the data is stored
- How long the data is kept
- How we protect the data
- How we treat minors
What data do we collect?
The following is an overview of the data we may collect:
- Non-identified and non-identifiable information that you provide during the registration process or that is collected about your use of our services (non-personal data). Non-personally identifiable information does not identify who it was collected from. Non-personal information that we collect consists primarily of technical and aggregate usage information.
- Individually identifiable information, which is any information that can be used to identify you or could be used to identify you with reasonable effort (personally identifiable information). Personally identifiable information we collect through our Services may include information requested from time to time, such as names, email addresses, addresses, phone numbers, IP addresses, and more. When we combine personal data with non-personal data, as long as it is in combination, we will treat it as personal data.
How do we collect data?
Below are the main methods we use to collect data:
- We collect data when you use our services. So when you visit our digital assets and use services, we may collect, record and store usage, sessions and related information.
- We collect data that you provide to us yourself, for example, when you contact us directly through a communication channel (such as an email with a comment or feedback).
- We may collect data from third-party sources, as described below.
- We collect data that you provide to us when you sign in to our Services through a third-party provider such as Facebook or Google.
Why do we collect this data?
We may use your data for the following purposes:
- To provide and operate our Services;
- to develop, customize and improve our services;
- to respond to your feedback, requests and inquiries and to provide assistance;
- to analyze request and usage patterns;
- for other internal, statistical and research purposes;
- to improve our data security and fraud prevention capabilities;
- to investigate violations and enforce our terms and policies and to comply with applicable law, regulation or governmental request;
- to provide you with updates, news, promotional materials and other information related to our services. For promotional emails, you can choose whether you want to continue receiving them. If not, simply click on the unsubscribe link in those emails.
Who do we share this information with?
We may share your information with our service providers to operate our services (e.g., storing data through third-party hosting services, providing technical support, etc.).
We may also disclose your information in the following circumstances: (i) to investigate, detect, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities or other misconduct; (ii) to establish or exercise our rights of defense; (iii) to protect our rights, property or personal safety and the safety of our users or the public; (iv) in the event of a change of control of us or any of our affiliates (by way of a merger, acquisition or purchase of (substantially all of) our assets, et al. a.); (v) to collect, maintain and/or manage your information through authorized third party vendors (e.g., cloud service providers) as appropriate for business purposes; (vi) to work with third party vendors to improve your user experience. For the avoidance of doubt, we would like to point out that we may transfer or disclose non-personally identifiable information to third parties or otherwise use it at our discretion.
Category: User has a blog or forum
Please note that our Services allow social interactions (e.g., posting content, information, and comments publicly and chatting with other users). Please be advised that any content or data you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others. We discourage posting or sharing information that you do not wish to make public. If you upload content to our digital assets or otherwise make it available as part of your use of a service, you do so at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users or members of the public with access to your data or content. You acknowledge and hereby agree that copies of your data may remain retrievable even after it has been deleted from cached and archived pages or after a third party has made a copy/stored your content.
Cookies and similar technologies
When you visit or access our Services, we authorize third parties to use web beacons, cookies, pixel tags, scripts, and other technologies and analytics services ("Tracking Technologies"). These Tracking Technologies may allow third parties to automatically collect your information to improve the navigation experience on our digital assets, optimize their performance and provide a tailored user experience, as well as for security and fraud prevention purposes.
Category: The user is NOT associated with any advertising service.
We will not share your email address or other personal information with advertisers or advertising networks without your consent.
Category: The user is connected to an advertising service, Campaign Manager or Facebook Ads.
We may provide advertisements through our Services and our digital assets (including websites and applications that use our Services) that may also be tailored to you, such as ads based on your recent website, device, or browser browsing behavior.
Where do we store the data?
Category: User Collected Personal Data
Personal Data may be maintained, processed and stored in the United States, Ireland, South Korea, Taiwan, Israel, and to the extent necessary for the proper provision of our Services and/or required by law (as further explained below) in other jurisdictions.
How long will the data be retained?
Please note that we will retain the data we collect for as long as necessary to provide our services, to comply with our legal and contractual obligations to you, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
We may correct, amend or delete inaccurate or incomplete data at any time at our sole discretion.
How do we protect the data?
The hosting service for our digital assets provides us with the online platform through which we can offer our services to you. Your data may be stored via our hosting provider's data storage, databases and general applications. It stores your data on secure servers behind a firewall and it provides secure HTTPS access to most areas of its services.
Category: User Accepts Payments/eCom
All payment options offered by us and our hosting provider for our digital assets adhere to the PCI Security Standards Council's PCI-DSS (credit card industry data security standard) regulations. This is the collaboration of brands such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card data (including physical, electronic, and procedural measures) by our store and service providers.
Notwithstanding the measures and efforts taken by us and our hosting provider, we cannot and do not guarantee absolute protection and security of the data you upload, post or otherwise share with us or others.
For this reason, we ask that you establish strong passwords and, whenever possible, do not provide us or others with confidential information that you believe could cause you significant or lasting harm if disclosed. In addition, because e-mail and instant messaging are not considered secure forms of communication, we ask that you not share confidential information through either of these communication channels.
How do we deal with minors?
Category: User does NOT collect data from minors
The Services are not intended for users who have not reached the legal age of majority. We will not knowingly collect data from children. If you are under the legal age of majority, you should not download or use the Services or provide any information to us.
We reserve the right to request proof of age at any time so that we can verify whether minors are using our Services. In the event that we become aware that a minor is using our Services, we may prohibit such users from accessing our Services and block them, and we may delete any information we hold about such user. If you have reason to believe that a minor has disclosed data to us, please contact us as explained below.
Category: User Collects Data from Minors
Children may use our services. However, if they wish to access certain features, they may be required to provide certain information. The collection of some data (including data collected through cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies) may be automatic. If we knowingly collect, use, or disclose information collected from a child, we will provide notice and obtain parental consent in accordance with applicable law. We do not condition a child's participation in an online activity on the child providing more contact information than is reasonably necessary to participate in that activity. We will only use the information we collect in connection with the services the child has requested.
We may also use a parent's contact information to communicate about the child's activities in the Services. Parents may review data we have collected from their child, prohibit us from collecting any more data from their child, and request that any data we have collected be deleted from our records.
Please contact us to view, update, or delete your child's information. To protect your child, we may ask for proof of your identity. We may deny you access to the data if we believe your identity is questionable. Please note that certain data cannot be deleted due to other legal obligations.
- the use of your personal data is necessary to perform or enter into a contract (for example, to provide you with the Services themselves or customer service or technical support);
- the use of your personal data is necessary to comply with relevant legal or regulatory obligations; or
- the use of your personal data is necessary to support our legitimate business interests (provided that at all times this is done in a manner that is proportionate and respects your data protection rights).
As a Swiss or EU resident, you may:
- request confirmation as to whether or not personal data relating to you is being processed and request access to your stored personal data and certain additional information;
- request to receive personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- request the correction of your personal data that we have stored;
- request the deletion of your personal data;
- object to the processing of your personal data by us;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data; or
- File a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Please note, however, that these rights are not unlimited and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements. If you have general questions about the personal information we collect and how we use it, please contact us as indicated below.
In the course of providing the Services, we may transfer data across borders to affiliates or other third parties and from your country/jurisdiction to other countries/jurisdictions around the world. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer of your data asser outside Switzerland/EEA.
If you are located in Switzerland/EEA, your personal data will only be transferred to locations outside of Switzerland/EEA if we are satisfied that an adequate or comparable level of personal data protection exists. We will take appropriate steps to ensure that we have adequate contractual arrangements with our third parties to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place so that the risk of unlawful use, alteration, deletion, loss or theft of your personal data is minimized and that such third parties act at all times in accordance with applicable laws.
Rights under California Consumer Protection Law.
If you use the Services as a California resident, then you may be entitled under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") to request access to and deletion of your information.
To exercise your right to access and delete your information, please see below for how to contact us.
Category: The website does not sell its users' data
We do not sell users' personally identifiable information for the intent and purposes of the CCPA.
Category: Websites with a Blog or Forum
Users of the Services who are California residents and under the age of 18 may request and obtain removal of their posted content by emailing us at the address provided in the "Contact Us" section below. These requests must all be marked "California Removal Request." All requests must include a description of the content you wish to have removed and sufficient information to help us locate the material. We will not accept notices that are not marked or properly submitted, and we may not be able to respond if you do not provide sufficient information. Please note that your request does not ensure that the material will be completely or comprehensively deleted. For example, material posted by you may be republished or re-posted by other users or third parties.
If you have general questions about the Services or the information we collect about you and how we use it, please contact us at:
+41 61 681 43 43